Tourists are encouraged to do lots of different activities in and around Salta. They have horse riding, rafting, zip-lining, travel to salt lakes etc. Iwas tempted to book on a wine tour but eventually decided to do nothing and instead to wash clothes and rest up. I must have needed it as i woke up after breakfast had already finished on the first morning - around 10.30
Am. I had a great time washing things that had been in and out of the case a few times. Everything dried quickly so I was encouraged to wash even my travel pants. Success!! Salta is quite pretty with Spanish style plazas and cathedrals. The main cathedral, looking like a wedding cake was very beautiful inside. It has a special statue of the virgin which it is said stopped an earthquake back in history so she and other saints get lots of visitors from the faithful Argentinians.The group went out to dinner together to a good local restaurant and had just got our food when the heavens opened up and it rained heavily for some time. It wasn't long before the roads were awash and many vehicles were being pushed through the local flooding. An old street dog crept in when the hail started and the waiters turned the other way and let him lie in the corner. He was very old and a bit overweight so I suspect he gets a few treats at the end of each day from the staff.Those who went on excursions enjoyed them very much saying the scenery in the surrounding area was lovely. The trip to the salt lake left at 8 am and wasn't back til 8.30pm. My own day was spent moseying around the streets near our hotel and looking in the cathedral and a few tourist shops. It was great to be ablest buy nice coffee again and the local ice cream included a variety called il dulce leche which
I tried and found it to be a sort of caramel flavor.
The following morning I walked with Glenda from our group to get some
pesos and get some bits and pieces from the pharmacy. I bought another cover for my iPad for under $20 plus toothpaste etc. That evening, to my dismay a part of my recently mended tooth fell off while I was having a glass of wine and some chips at thenhotel restaurant. I had paid a few hundred dollars just before leaving home to patch it up. I have packed some oil of cloves in case of tooth trouble but so far it seems to be quiet.







No comments:
Post a Comment