I stayed in Santiago for a few days after coming back from Easter Island and while I spent a lot of that time washing clothes and posting things home I did get around a bit and must say I enjoyed my time there very much.
My second hotel was called the Vila Franca Petit Hotel in the area of Providencia which is a short train ride from the centre. It has a very different feel however being quite leafy and withe a relaxed feel. There were more than usual the supply of coffee and book shops and lots of socialising on the sidewalk cafes.
I made a couple of tourist outings including the trip on the funicular, a guided visit to Pablo Neruda's house and general visits to the Bella Vista area for dinners.
Interesting about Neruda's death 4 days after the military coup. Many people believe he was murdered as his house was destroyed by the military at the time and being a public communist he would have been a definite real ting point. Anyway, after all this t one his body has been exhumed to see if there is evidence of his being poisoned. Stay tuned as they say.








1 comment:
lovely leafiness
Post a Comment